Dance Me to the End of Love
Libra Be Like….
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.”
1. The first boy that compares your eyes to hurricanes and says you have hands that feel like home is not the one.
2. You can drown yourself in as much alcohol as you’d like, but the ghosts in your bones will still know how to swim long after you forget how to.
3. If you love him to the point of madness, you will become it.
4. The first boy to tell you that you have lips like a wildfire will be the first to burn you down.
5. Don’t try to fill your lungs with the ocean in your chest and call it self-defense.
6. Don’t be afraid to spit the venom between your teeth. It was put there for a reason.”
I don’t want to look back in five years time and think, ‘We could have been magnificent, but I was afraid.’ In 5 years I want to tell of how fear tried to cheat me out of the best thing in life, and I didn’t let it.”